- RSS Channel Showcase 8021319
- RSS Channel Showcase 9338906
- RSS Channel Showcase 1873868
- RSS Channel Showcase 7074382
Articles on this Page
- 03/03/13--15:20: _Three Huts
- 03/13/13--04:38: _Cienfuegos Square
- 03/15/13--18:51: _Enhanced License
- 03/21/13--17:01: _Ringneck Parrot
- 03/23/13--16:22: _Random Iron
- 03/27/13--00:19: _Perth Museum
- 03/29/13--19:49: _Ballarat Jewellers
- 04/02/13--04:37: _Super Pit
- 04/04/13--04:48: _Sydney Cove
- 04/05/13--18:05: _Australian Represen...
- 04/07/13--21:58: _Barbaras Festival
- 04/10/13--04:03: _Galah Cockatoo
- 04/12/13--21:23: _Queens Bridge
- 04/16/13--17:22: _Exhibition Building
- 04/22/13--06:39: _Fractal Owl
- 03/03/13--15:20: Three Huts
- 03/13/13--04:38: Cienfuegos Square
- 03/15/13--18:51: Enhanced License
- 03/21/13--17:01: Ringneck Parrot
- 03/23/13--16:22: Random Iron
- 03/27/13--00:19: Perth Museum
- 03/29/13--19:49: Ballarat Jewellers
- 04/02/13--04:37: Super Pit
- 04/04/13--04:48: Sydney Cove
- 04/05/13--18:05: Australian Representatives
- 04/07/13--21:58: Barbaras Festival
- 04/10/13--04:03: Galah Cockatoo
- 04/12/13--21:23: Queens Bridge
- 04/16/13--17:22: Exhibition Building
- 04/22/13--06:39: Fractal Owl
These three buildings are in Negril, Jamaica. This is some of the earliest photography I had accepted for stock. I don’t know if it would be accepted for today as the agencies seem to be getting more strict or maybe the need for turquoise ocean shots allowed them to overlook the camera and jpeg quality. This image needed work in Photoshop to […]
This is Cienfuegos Square in Cuba. It is one of the Caribbean images from the old website I took in 2004. Before I get back to Australia I have been transferring some of the old images to the new photoblog. This image has been accepted by Shutterstock for Stock Photography and is available for download here.
Shutterstock recently sold an enhanced license for this road image from Western Australia. All stock photography sites offer some form of extended or enhanced license. It is a hangover from the traditional way of selling photography whereby the price is determined by the use of the image rather than its quality. In this case the enhanced license gives […]
This animal is an Australian Ringneck parrot. This subspecies is the Twenty Eight parrot which was named after the sound it makes. I discovered this bird in Western Australia. This image has been accepted by Shutterstock for Stock Photography and is available for download here.
This was taken in Gwalia in the Goldfields of Western Australia. It demonstrates Australians fondness for decorating remote houses and mail boxes with random pieces of iron. In the UK metal that is not nailed down seems to find its way to the scrap merchant. In Australia Victorian engineering seems to last forever in the dry environment. The result is a […]
This building is the Perth Museum in Western Australia. To process this image in increased the saturation of the purples slightly. I also increased the luminance of the reds to lighten the dark wood.
These buildings are in the centre of Ballarat in the Goldfields of Victoria in Australia.
I took this shot of Karen at the Super Pit open cast mine in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia. Do you think we should include this image in the Machanography category?
The building with the orange roof is an oyster bar with a view of Circular Quay in Sydney, NSW, Australia.
This is the House of Representatives in Parliament House, Canberra. This photo was taken when the country underwent a series of leadership changes due to political infighting on both sides of politics. The Representatives and the Senate are the two elected houses which make up the Parliament of Australia. In a reflection of the UK House of Commons it is furnished in […]
This is the St. Barbara’s Festival in Kalgoorlie in the Goldfields of Western Australia. This is what miners call the Baby Truck. I think it safely qualifies as Mechanography.
This bird is one of Australia’s iconic animals. The Galah or Rose-breasted Cockatoo is one of the most common in mainland Australia. This one was in Kalgoorlie in the Goldfields of Western Australia. To process this image I desaturated the greens and boosted the reds. Some vignetting was also added to darken the edges. This image has been accepted […]
This night shot is of Queens Bridge in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. This could be a contender for the Australian Skylines Calendar.
This is a view of The Royal Exhibition Building from Carlton Gardens in Melbourne, Victoria. It was the first building in Australia to be awarded UNESCO world heritage status as it is one of the last remaining 19th Century exhibition buildings. Today it is the largest item in Museum Victoria’s collection. This image has been accepted by Shutterstock for Stock […]
This bird is a Tawny Frog Mouth Owl. The animal was in a nature park near Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. To process the image I ran fractalius several times and built up the image with layers and masks.